CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Amy Grant Concert



I have been a huge Amy Grant fan my whole life. My parents listened to her when I was younger and I just fell in love. I saw her once when I was 5 or 6 and it was too loud for my poor ears and when I was in High School we saw her on the Christmas tour. Last night I was able to attend her 20 Year Anniversary of the Lead Me On Tour Concert! I had SO much fun! I went with my friend Jennifer Markley and we had a blast singing all the old songs together. Amy didn't sing any song past 1989! It means all my favorites were sung! She did numbers from the Ungaurded Album, Straight Ahead and Lead Me On. For those of you who didn't hear of or know Amy until the "Baby Baby" years, these albums won't hold the significance to you that it does to me. But wow! Those albums were great! It was such a walk down memory lane for me. We lived in California at the time those albums came out and I have so many memories connected with each song. It is amazing how a few measures of music can bring memories to life that you haven't thought of in years. Now I have a new memory with my friend Jennifer!


Here is Jennifer and I before the concert started!

As the concert started Amy just calmly walked out onto the stage and started strumming on her guitar and started sing. The concert was all about the music, she was not showy or theatrical but entertaining and nostalgic. Her first song was "Father's Eyes" This is one of my favorite! When I was in high school and taking voice lessons I sang that song at a recital. It was a neat moment and memory to recall. The words of that song really resonate with me.

Lyrics to Father's Eyes :
(Gary Chapman)

I may not be every mother's dream for her little girl
And my face may not grace the mind of everyone in the world
But that's all right as long as I can have one wish I pray
When people look inside my life, I want to hear them say

[Chorus:]
She's got her Father's eyes, her Father's eyes
Eyes that find the good in things
When good is not around
Eyes that find the source of help
When help just can't be found
Eyes full of compassion, seeing every pain
Knowin' what you're going through, and feeling it the same
Just like my Father's eyes
My Father's eyes
My Father's eyes
Just like my Father's eyes

And on that day when we will pay for all the deeds we have done
Good and bad they'll all be had to see by everyone
And when you're called to stand and tell just what you saw in me
More than anything I know, I want your words to be

She's got her Father's eyes .....




My favorite is the chorus
"Eyes that find the good in things
When good is not around
Eyes that find the source of help
When help just can't be found
Eyes full of compassion, seeing every pain
Knowin' what you're going through, and feeling it the same "

Even as a five year old, I loved that song and felt that it echoed my heart. I feel others pain like it was my own. I hurt deeply when others are hurting. I do my best always to find the "good in things." It took me a while to really understand the song; to know that it is about our Father not my "dad". It is SO much more powerful that way. My dad is fantastic but he will be the first to tell you God is the true Father with true eyes of compassion. How I long for more of my Fathers eyes...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you are blogging! Good job, I love you!

Kyle

The McGarrys said...

Hi Chrissi!

I'm so glad that you are blogging! It's a fun way to stay connected!

Much love to you!!!

Chels

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the memories with me it was a great night. Thanks for lifting my spirits and reminding me of Gods faithfulness.
Jen