CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Car Accident

I was in a car accident last night. My beautiful New (to me) Ford Escape is most likely totaled. It was a dark, rainy night and a car traveling the other direction turned into my lane by crossing the concrete barrier. My air bags deployed and I have a sprained wrist and sore shoulder as a result. We are hopeful our insurance company will fight hard for us. Needless to say, this has not been a fun 24 hours. I was pretty shook up and bruised right after. Today was a little better... sore but more frustrated than anything else. The driver of the other car was arrested. I was not told the charges only that he couldn't provide any documentation. He was borrowing the car and so thankfully the car was insured.
I will keep you all updated... maybe put some great pics of me in my sling! :O) Please pray for quick healing of my wrist and shoulder, that the insurance issues will be dealt with quickly and that we will be able to get a new car soon. Thank You!
PS. I just want to say "Thank You" to all the friends and family who have been so kind to me today! The parents for their care and concern, Lesley for her medical advice, Shell for the coffee and yummy dinner, David transporting me places and most of all to my amazing husband Kyle for his incredible care to me the last 24 hours. He has helped fill out the accident forms, cooked me food and Hot Chocolate, took me to the Urgent Care and and even covered my duties today at work. You are amazing sweety! Thank You everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for a quick recovery!
Jen

Red said...

Christina,
Good to hear that you are ok! All the insurance stuff can be frustrated, but the most important this is you are ok! Glad to see you have started a blog too! =)

Wendy said...

hmmm, doesn't sound fun. sorry for your car too. I know the feeling, since I was just in one too. But, I figure God has a purpose in everything. :)